This article describes the necessary settings to connect Payment Center with your PayPal Payflow Pro account.
PayPal Payflow Pro Account
- Sign up for a Payflow Pro account (https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/payflow-payment-gateway).
- Once signed up, login to your account and obtain the following information. You will need these to connect Payment Center with your Payflow Pro account:
- Merchant Login
- Login to your Salesforce account and go to Payment Center Settings tab.
- Under Payment Processors related list, click Payflow.
- In the Live Settings section, enter your Payflow Pro account details:
If you can’t find Payflow from the list of payment processors, you need to add Restore Payflow Settings button in your layout. To do that go to Payment Center Settings tab and edit your layout. Under Payment Processors related list, click the Properties icon:
Expand the Buttons section and add Restore Payflow Settings to the Selected Buttons section:
Once the button is added to the page layout, simply click the button to add Payflow settings.
Pay With PayPal Settings
In addition to the above settings, if you wanted to allow your customers to pay using their PayPal account, the following settings are needed.
Login to your PayPal account and obtain your Client ID and Secret. To do that follow the steps below:
- Login to your PayPal account and go to the My Apps & Credentials page, toggle to Live then click Create App in the REST API apps section. Type a name for your app and click Create App.
- Copy and save your API credentials — the client ID and secret for your app — which you will need to plugin to Payment Center.
More information on how to obtain your client ID and secret here.
After you obtain your API credentials, login to Salesforce then go to Payment Center Settings | Payment Processors | PayPal Payflow Pro. In the REST API section, enter your API credentials:
To do a test payment, do the following:
- Go to Payments tab then click New.
- Select Payflow as the Payment Processor.
- Use the following credit card information:
- Credit Card Number: 4111111111111111
- Expiration: Any future date
- Name on Card: Any name
- Follow onscreen instructions until you successfully process the payment.
- To go live, go to Payment Center Settings tab. Under Payment Processors related list, click Payflow.
- Check the Live and Use As Default boxes:
- Also, ensure that your PayPal Payflow Pro account is activated to process live transactions.